High-quality images can be captured from every Mac computer. Edit them and share them however you like. Additionally, you will be able to capture video of your screen when you upgraded or purchased your Mac in the year 2018.
Here are five methods to capture screenshots from your Mac.
Tips for quick use The Mac lets you capture videos and screenshots from your display. For more details, refer to our screen recording with the Mac article.
Mac shortcuts to screenshots
The majority of methods to take photographs on the Mac make use of commands, shift and the Number keys.
|Shift + Command + 3||Make a photograph of the entire screen.|
|Shift + Command + 4||To take a screenshot to capture a screenshot, highlight a specific area on the display.|
|Shift + Command + 5||To record video or alter your options for your screenshot, go to the menu for screenshots.|
|Shift + 6||If your Mac includes one, you can take a picture of it.|
Shift + Command + 3 Take a screen capture that covers the entire display
Press the Shift key + Command button + 3 to take the entire screen
Note If you have several monitors, it will take and save screenshots of each.
Edit your photo by clicking the thumbnail preview, which appears at the bottom-right corner of your photo. The feature is able to be switched off or off via the menu for screenshots.
Shift + Command + 4. Capture the portion or window
1. Click Shift + Command + Four.
2. The crosshair appears in the cursor of your mouse. To choose an area on your screen, just click to drag it with the crosshair.
3. Release the trackpad or mouse button to take the entire area. You can also press the Esc key to cancel.
There’s more than one way you can use this method. There are additional options you can access by pressing Command + Shift. 4..
- Capture a particular window by pressing shift + comand plus 4 after which press the spacebar. The crosshair will change into an image of a camera. Press”capture” by hovering the cursor of your camera above the screen. The screen will be enclosed by gray borders once the image is saved.
- Set the dimensions as well as the shape. Move the crosshair around to draw attention to an area. Press then hold down on the spacebar. This will secure the box and stop it from expanding or shrinking. Drag the box anywhere on the screen, then release spacebar to take a screenshot. spacebar to take a picture.
- Change the height Move the crosshair to mark an area. Hold and then press the Shift key. This will let you modify the box’s height as well as width. Shift key allows you to adjust the box’s height and width. shift key lets you toggle between height and width. To take a picture simply release the trackpad, and mouse.
Shift + Comman + 5: Make use of this menu to show a screenshot.
Screenshot is a feature of the Screenshot application is available in the latest macOS Versions (Mojave as well as Catalina, Big Sur Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura).
1. To open Screenshot you need to press the Shift key and Command. The bottom of the screen, you will see a small menu panel.
2. You can capture an image of the entire screen, a single window or selected portion of the screen by using the three icons on the left. You can also record the full screen as well as just a single area using the images to the left. To choose the method you’d like to take the screen, click an icon on the left.
3. To take a screenshot, press on the capture button on the right.
There is also an Options menu. You can save your screenshot and the amount of time you want before pressing Capture to take the picture taken, and the screenshot being saved.
There is also the option to show floating thumbnails option within the menu Options. The option will automatically turn on and highlighted with a checkmark to the left. If you snap a photo using this feature, it will show an image thumbnail appear in the lower right corner. It will go away after couple of minutes and the image will not be saved on your computer.
To display the screenshot in a different window, click the thumbnail. You can:
- Draw or type the image.
- You can also cut it in an alternative shape or size.
- It can be shared through the Apple ID login.
Take a photograph of the Touch Bar
You are able to still capture screenshots using Touch Bars. Touch Bar on some Mac computers, despite the fact that not all Macs come with it.
You can capture a picture of any thing you see on the Touch Bar by pressing Shift + Comand + 6. This will instantly take a screenshot the contents of your Touch Bar.
What is the best way to locate the screenshots of my Mac screenshots
Screenshots are automatically added to your desktop automatically. The default title for the image will be “Screen Shot”, followed by the date and time it was taken.
This will enable you to alter the location that your images are saved.
1. To open the menu for screenshots to open the menu, hold Shift + Command+5
2. To open the menu, select the Options.
3. Select one of the locations that are pre-selected in the Save to menu, or click Other Locations to select the location you wish save screenshots.
Tips for quick use Pressing the Control key while you take the picture will copy it to your clipboard in lieu of saving it. Screenshots can be copied any place you’re able to paste images.
Third-party apps for screenshots for macOS
It is also possible to use third-party applications for macOS If you’re not a fan of the tools built into macOS. Lightshot is a fantastic free tool for taking pictures. It’s also extremely simple to use.
1. Get and install Lightshot on your Mac.
2. Launch lightshot by pressing Command + Shift+9 on your keyboard. Your screen on your Mac will get darker and show that you’re in a position to snap a photo.
3. Drag the mouse in order to choose an area of your screen that you want to capture. The highlighted area will show as normal while the rest of the areas remain dark. To choose the whole screen, hit Command + A
4. To add elements to your photos you can make use of the toolbar located to the right of the highlighted area.
5. Use Command + to select the destination in which you would like to store the picture on your computer.